The 50X-Series water brake engine dynamometer is designed for testing electric motors, industrial gasoline, and light to medium-range diesel applications. Power ranges from 20-1000HP, and speeds to 6000 RPM. Its non-ferrous alloy construction allows for reduced inertia. Based on the robust X-Series water brake engine dynamometers, the 50X-Series features specialized rotor assemblies and corresponding components to allow the dynamometer to achieve its high speed, torque capabilities.
- A stainless steel non-tapered shaft.
- Very low inertia and high absorption characteristics in a compact package.
- Positive lip absorber seals.
- Removable bearing and seal housings to facilitate field servicing without the need for disassembly of the absorber.
Benefits of the 50X Series Water Brake Engine Dyno
- The ability to test a wide range of engine displacements on the same dynamometer.
- Through-shaft design allows either end of the dynamometer to be driven and to accept additional dynamometers in tandem plus a variety of accessories including starting systems.
- Equal absorption capabilities in either direction of rotation.