Power Test, Inc.
EC Engine Dynos
The EC-Series (Eddy Current) engine dynamometers are designed for testing small displacement diesel engines. Available […]
The EC-Series (Eddy Current) engine dynamometers are designed for testing small displacement diesel engines. Available as the EC125 or EC250, the EC-Series features in-line eddy current absorption units in a durable, compact frame. Eliminating the need for expensive water recirculation systems found in conventional water brake dynos, the EC-Series results in a minimal environmental impact and is easily relocated as it does not require permanent installation.Show More
Specifically designed for small displacement diesel engines, the Eddy Current (EC-Series) engine dynamometer features in-line eddy current absorption units in a robust, compact frame. The air-cooled eddy current absorbers eliminate the need for an expensive water recirculation system and most engines being tested can be cooled with a standard closed-circuit radiator system. This compact air-cooled design results in a minimal environmental impact and the ability to be easily relocated with no need for a permanent installation. When combined with PowerNet LT, our fully automated dynamometer control system, all of your testing needs can be performed at the touch of a button.
Features of Eddy Current Engine Dynos
- Air-cooled eddy current absorbers that eliminate the need for an expensive water recirculation system.
- Dynamometer can be easily relocated, no permanent installation required.
- Systems include PowerNet LT Data Acquisition and Control package, 1,000 HP (746kW) engine cooling column, a self-aligning universal engine cart with adapters, and SAE 1410 drive shaft.
- Delivered in a robust, compact frame.
Features and Benefits
- Power ranges up to 400 HP
- Speeds up to 5,000 RPM
- Torque up to 1,500 lb*ft
- Air-cooled eddy current absorbers eliminate the need for expensive water recirculation systems
- Dynamometer can be easily relocated; no permanent installation required