The 45X-Series – Water Brake Engine dynamometer is designed for testing on-highway, construction, mining, power generation, and marine diesel applications. It has test capacities from 100-4500 HP, with operating speeds to 4000 RPM. Due to its high absorption and speed capabilities, the 45X Series allows for a wide range of engines to be tested. In addition, the 45X-Series may be used in tandem applications for increased testing capabilities.
- Inlet control allows for low minimum horsepower.
- Low minimum loading characteristics.
- Positive lip absorber seals.
- Removable bearing and seal housings to facilitate field servicing without the need for disassembly of the absorber.
- The ability to test a wide range of engine displacements on the same dynamometer.
- Through-shaft design allows either end of the dynamometer to be driven and to accept additional dynamometers in tandem plus a variety of accessories including starting systems.
- Equal absorption capabilities in either direction of rotation.