Responsible for helping deliver profitable growth by working from specifications to produce layouts, make modifications on standard models and drawings for machinery. Performs some detailing of engineering concepts as directed. Compile and maintain required documents and records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform drafting, and assist Engineers and Senior Drafter-Designers with designing products or facilities.
- Work independently and as part of a team to produce or modify a variety of standard layouts, assemblies, and drawings for new and existing products.
- Work from standard product specifications using manufacturing and material quotes to guide design decisions.
- Modify or adjust existing 3D models according to defined specifications.
- Study and analyze blue prints and computer or hand generated technical drawings.
- Complete investigations pertinent to the design. Maintain records, documents and findings.
- Collaborate with shop personnel to ensure design manufacturability, efficiency, and an appropriate combination of cost and quality are achieved.
- Compile Bills of Materials and specification sheets.
- Complete timely ECNs as required. Maintain ECN procedures and documentation in PDM when creating and redesigning existing products.
- Use MS Project (PDM) or Solidworks as directed. Complete required reports, documentation and approvals.
- Prioritize and complete work timely, anticipating and communicating necessary shifts in project timelines.
- Participate in Lean initiatives. Recommend and help implement improvements.
- Contribute to the company safety program.
- Demonstrate company values.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A combination of at least one year related technical experience and education applicable to mechanical drafting in a metals manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Basic knowledge of industrial machines and manufacturing processes and tools.
- Strong logic. Analytical and results-oriented problem-solving skills.
- Good computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and either SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
- Strong math, blueprint reading skills, and use of technical instructions is required.
- Basic electrical and software systems knowledge ideal.
- Knowledge of characteristics of metals, production techniques, and how these impact the quality of the form, fit and function of the designed components and systems is ideal.
- Team player and self-motivated. Ability to work attentively and efficiently at producing high quality work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Power Test offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package. We have a focused yet fun team oriented environment where individuals can make a difference in their own and the company’s growth.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org